10 Best Gluten Free Fall Recipes Fall Desserts, Breakfast Ideas, Meals, and Drinks Fall may just be the best time of year to get into cooking and baking. Not only is everything better with a little pumpkin spice flavoring, but when the weather turns cool, there is something so therapeutic about smelling baking bread. Gluten […]
Welcome to Grace and Motherhood!
Motherhood is no easy gig. It takes a lot of patience, gallons of coffee, tons of prayer and sometimes even a few tears. Because being “mom” is quite possibly the most challenging career a woman can have, Grace and Motherhood is dedicated to offering helpful advice, insight and maybe even a few laughs. Working moms, stay-at-home moms, homeschoolers and public schoolers alike, we can all agree that being M.O.M. is our first priority.
So many times we are overcome with “mom guilt”, the Facebook complex, and self doubt and worry. Our society places high value on things of this world, like perfect bodies, fancy cars/houses, and money. But when we look deep inside at what we have become since the first moment we became mothers, I think we will find women that we are proud of. Maybe not physically perfect, or rich, but women who place value on kindness, tenderness, love, mercy and grace.
- Choosing between bathing and eating, because you haven’t had time for either.
- Praying harder then you ever have for another person.
- Asking questions literally all day long
- Reminding yourself that they need grace and you keep thinking, so do I!
- Longing for the first 6 months for the word “mama” to be spoken, and then spending the next 5 years saying “if you say my name one more time…”
- Realizing that your mom was right
- The most inexplicable joy when you see your child doing something they love
- The most inexplicable anger when you see your child doing something they are not supposed to do
- A career that involves being a cook, cleaning lady, counselor, teacher, preacher, taxi driver, multi-taker, laundry mat, nurturer, grocery fetcher, homework proctor, cheerleader, coach, referee, doctor…it’s endless!
- The greatest joy and privilege any woman can experience. Regardless of how she comes to be a mother.
- The scariest “hood” you ever could imagine!
Helping Kids Cope When Tragedies Happen Las Vegas Shooting On the 11 year anniversary of the horrific Amish schoolhouse shooting, we wake to find out that during the night over 50 people lost their lives and 400 more were injured by a crazed gunman in Las Vegas. It’s hard to know what to say to […]
Poop Emoji Cupcakes – Emoji Party Ideas Poop emoji cupcakes could quite possibly be the easiest and cutest way to impress your kids. It literally involves a fluffy and o- so-yummy chocolate icing, with candy eyeballs. That’s it! So easy, so cute, and such a crowd pleaser. I’m not totally sure when the whole emoji craze […]
How I Tripled My Pinterest Page Views in Only 3 Weeks When I discovered Pinterest a few years ago, I thought it was the greatest site ever! I had no idea how great it could be for blogging. Blogging has been something I have wanted to do for so long. I have known about WordPress, […]
There is something so soothing about diving into a big bowl of ice cream, and curling up on the couch. Though it is absolutely delightful…it is far from healthy! I’ve been on the hunt for delicious (I mean actually delicious) and healthy dessert recipes. I think so far my favorite and the most nutritious recipes […]
Hi! I’m Jenna. Thanks for visiting my site Grace and Motherhood. I created this site to give hope and encouragement to mamas navigating this crazy journey known as “motherhood”. Who am I? Just a mom who has 5 kids, 2 with disabilities (CVID like me, and aspergers), I’m a former homeschooler, a crochet addict, I enjoy a grain-free diet, and was saved by God’s grace at the ripe old age of 17. God’s grace has sustained me through many trials, and challenges in life. I hope to offer some insight and encouragement to others going through similar battles.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. The products promoted are ones I have either tried or believe in myself. You will not be charged more money for anything you may purchase from the links on this site – though you may get discounts as I receive them from the vendors.