2017 Liebster Award Winner!
I recently received recognition (thanks Conscious Earth Mama!) for my blog, and was awarded the Liebster Award. The Liebster award is a way to recognize new bloggers in the blogging community. The journey to blogging is a fun, exhausting, and never-ending journey, that can leave you feeling very alone and unappreciated as you build up your site and community around you. This award lets fellow bloggers know that they are seen and heard, and they are doing a great job.
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked.
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
Finding the time to devote to it, as I’m always busy with my 5 kiddos, or helping my husband run his business.
What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
Find your voice, and write what you love!
What are your hobbies other than blogging?
Crocheting, reading, lifting weights, running (only if I have to), and anything to do with coffee
What successful entrepreneur do you admire and why?
Francine Rivers, who happens to be my favorite author. Her books bring to life the Bible in ways I never experienced prior to her novels. They are amazingly thought-out historical fiction.
Who is your favorite blogger and why?
One of my favorites is Ann Voskamp. Her poetic style intrigues me, and I find her posts so encouraging and uplifting. Something we can all use.
Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging.
My blog is a place where moms (parents) can come to get advice, encouragement and tips for just about anything. Oh, and some pretty great recipes for special diets – gluten free, paleo, grain free, whole 30, etc. I started blogging because after 5 children, a chronic illness, a child with Aspergers, trying every school option you can think of (homeschool, cyber school, public), and always researching everything, I felt like I had a lot to say! It’s therapy.
Item you can’t live without.
The Bible. But since that’s a given, at this point in my life…it’s my phone.
What and who motivate you to write?
My children motivate me to write. Children don’t come with manuals, so thankfully we now have Google and Pinterest in order to help us navigate this crazy scary “hood”, a.k.a. Motherhood.
My 5 Nominations:
Edie Emory – She Who Has Believed
MaKenna – Radiant Rambling
Sandra – Reflections of A Purple Princess
- What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
- What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
- What are your hobbies other than blogging?
- What successful entrepreneur do you admire and why?
- Who is your favorite blogger and why?
- Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging.
- Item you can’t live without.
- What and who motivate you to write?