It is ridiculously delicious to whip up a fresh breakfast smoothie. Knowing you are feeding your body pure, healthy, natural goodness. I have been really having fun experimenting with carrot juice lately. It’s the perfect liquid to use for a smoothie because the taste is not overbearing and it is jam packed with vitamins. Today […]
Welcome to Grace and Motherhood!
Motherhood is no easy gig. It takes a lot of patience, gallons of coffee, tons of prayer and sometimes even a few tears. Because being “mom” is quite possibly the most challenging career a woman can have, Grace and Motherhood is dedicated to offering helpful advice, insight and maybe even a few laughs. Working moms, stay-at-home moms, homeschoolers and public schoolers alike, we can all agree that being M.O.M. is our first priority.
So many times we are overcome with “mom guilt”, the Facebook complex, and self doubt and worry. Our society places high value on things of this world, like perfect bodies, fancy cars/houses, and money. But when we look deep inside at what we have become since the first moment we became mothers, I think we will find women that we are proud of. Maybe not physically perfect, or rich, but women who place value on kindness, tenderness, love, mercy and grace.
- Choosing between bathing and eating, because you haven’t had time for either.
- Praying harder then you ever have for another person.
- Asking questions literally all day long
- Reminding yourself that they need grace and you keep thinking, so do I!
- Longing for the first 6 months for the word “mama” to be spoken, and then spending the next 5 years saying “if you say my name one more time…”
- Realizing that your mom was right
- The most inexplicable joy when you see your child doing something they love
- The most inexplicable anger when you see your child doing something they are not supposed to do
- A career that involves being a cook, cleaning lady, counselor, teacher, preacher, taxi driver, multi-taker, laundry mat, nurturer, grocery fetcher, homework proctor, cheerleader, coach, referee, doctor…it’s endless!
- The greatest joy and privilege any woman can experience. Regardless of how she comes to be a mother.
- The scariest “hood” you ever could imagine!
Best Way to Clean Stuck-On Food From Dishes – 1 Product is All You Need Being a stay-at-home mom, I bake and cook a lot! And many times that includes eggs (nightmare to clean) and muffins. Recently I made crust-less mini egg and ham bites in the muffin cups with no liner. They turned out […]
Helping a Mom Friend Who is Sick – 6 Practical Ways to Lend a Hand Do you have a mom friend who is sick? Anyone who has have ever been on the receiving end of getting help while they were sick, know’s how awesome it is to see friends, family members, step in and take their […]
Gluten Free, Dairy Free – Fresh Blueberry Muffins Fresh blueberries are one of my favorite fruits. I eat them all year round thanks to good sales and Aldi. Whipping up a batch of fresh blueberries and dairy free chocolate is the most scrumptious and easiest dessert I can think of. The other day I wanted […]
Delicious Banana Bread Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Corn Free Is there anything better than smelling banana bread baking? It seriously is like a drug! I can’t think of anything that smells better. Sometimes I make it out of sheer guilt for letting bananas spoil. Other times I make it just to smell it baking. Since […]
Thank you for visiting my site, Grace & Motherhood. I hope to offer other mama’s encouragement through this crazy journey known as motherhood. I am the mom to 5 awesome kiddos, and one furry son (my dog Max). As a mom-preneur, small business owner, and freelance writer, I find great joy in my work. You can find my writing on sites like Baby Gaga, The New Jersey Teachers’ Lounge, and a few business sites as well.
God has richly blessed me in so many ways. His love has sustained me through trials in life. In His grace I have found joy in hard times, peace in trials, and comfort in great hardships.
His love never fails.
Sign Up For Weekly Encouragement!
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links. In clicking on links, if you make a purchase the online retailer pays me (the affiliate) commission on the sale. This does not cost you any more money. The products promoted on this site are ones that I believe to be of value to my readers.