I remember it all as clear as day. The fear, the anxiety, the questions. I had just been diagnosed with a disease I had never heard of and here I was left stunned, and with a million questions. The song “Just Be Held” by Casting Crowns had just come out, and it just wrecked me. […]
Welcome to Grace and Motherhood!
Motherhood is no easy gig. It takes a lot of patience, gallons of coffee, tons of prayer and sometimes even a few tears. Because being “mom” is quite possibly the most challenging career a woman can have, Grace and Motherhood is dedicated to offering helpful advice, insight and maybe even a few laughs. Working moms, stay-at-home moms, homeschoolers and public schoolers alike, we can all agree that being M.O.M. is our first priority.
So many times we are overcome with “mom guilt”, the Facebook complex, and self doubt and worry. Our society places high value on things of this world, like perfect bodies, fancy cars/houses, and money. But when we look deep inside at what we have become since the first moment we became mothers, I think we will find women that we are proud of. Maybe not physically perfect, or rich, but women who place value on kindness, tenderness, love, mercy and grace.
- Choosing between bathing and eating, because you haven’t had time for either.
- Praying harder then you ever have for another person.
- Asking questions literally all day long
- Reminding yourself that they need grace and you keep thinking, so do I!
- Longing for the first 6 months for the word “mama” to be spoken, and then spending the next 5 years saying “if you say my name one more time…”
- Realizing that your mom was right
- The most inexplicable joy when you see your child doing something they love
- The most inexplicable anger when you see your child doing something they are not supposed to do
- A career that involves being a cook, cleaning lady, counselor, teacher, preacher, taxi driver, multi-taker, laundry mat, nurturer, grocery fetcher, homework proctor, cheerleader, coach, referee, doctor…it’s endless!
- The greatest joy and privilege any woman can experience. Regardless of how she comes to be a mother.
- The scariest “hood” you ever could imagine!
Please Don’t Spoil My Kids at Christmas! Christmas is by far my favorite holiday of the year. It’s a time to not only reflect on what God did for us, but also a time to spend enjoying family. I love buying gifts for my kids, and I know our family loves it too. But there […]
5 Ways to Stop Toddler Tantrums I’m convinced that God made toddlers adorable so we wouldn’t “ship them back” before they turned four. There is no better psychologist than a three year old who knows every button to push to make mommy’s head literally explode off her shoulders. They have mastered fake tears, made up […]
Well that seems redundant…but what if you are a homeschool mom who also works?! Crazy, but it is possible. Though most moms who homeschool seem to be pro’s at saving money, couponing, making things, blogging, doing things to help decrease spending or increase income a little bit, some women actually work real jobs and homeschool […]
Trying to choose the right homeschool curriculum can feel completely overwhelming. There are probably hundreds of choices for each and every subject, but how do you know which curriculum will be right for you and your family? I have narrowed down two of the most popular curriculum’s (Sonlight and A Beka) and done a review […]
Thank you for visiting my site, Grace & Motherhood. I hope to offer other mama’s encouragement through this crazy journey known as motherhood. I am the mom to 5 awesome kiddos, and one furry son (my dog Max). As a mom-preneur, small business owner, and freelance writer, I find great joy in my work. You can find my writing on sites like Baby Gaga, The New Jersey Teachers’ Lounge, and a few business sites as well.
God has richly blessed me in so many ways. His love has sustained me through trials in life. In His grace I have found joy in hard times, peace in trials, and comfort in great hardships.
His love never fails.
Subscribe to Grace & Motherhood
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. The products promoted are ones I have either tried or believe in myself.