I recently received recognition (thanks Conscious Earth Mama!) for my blog, and was awarded the Liebster Award. The Liebster award is a way to recognize new bloggers in the blogging community. The journey to blogging is a fun, exhausting, and never-ending journey, that can leave you feeling very alone and unappreciated as you build up your […]
Welcome to Grace and Motherhood!
Motherhood is no easy gig. It takes a lot of patience, gallons of coffee, tons of prayer and sometimes even a few tears. Because being “mom” is quite possibly the most challenging career a woman can have, Grace and Motherhood is dedicated to offering helpful advice, insight and maybe even a few laughs. Working moms, stay-at-home moms, homeschoolers and public schoolers alike, we can all agree that being M.O.M. is our first priority.
So many times we are overcome with “mom guilt”, the Facebook complex, and self doubt and worry. Our society places high value on things of this world, like perfect bodies, fancy cars/houses, and money. But when we look deep inside at what we have become since the first moment we became mothers, I think we will find women that we are proud of. Maybe not physically perfect, or rich, but women who place value on kindness, tenderness, love, mercy and grace.
- Choosing between bathing and eating, because you haven’t had time for either.
- Praying harder then you ever have for another person.
- Asking questions literally all day long
- Reminding yourself that they need grace and you keep thinking, so do I!
- Longing for the first 6 months for the word “mama” to be spoken, and then spending the next 5 years saying “if you say my name one more time…”
- Realizing that your mom was right
- The most inexplicable joy when you see your child doing something they love
- The most inexplicable anger when you see your child doing something they are not supposed to do
- A career that involves being a cook, cleaning lady, counselor, teacher, preacher, taxi driver, multi-taker, laundry mat, nurturer, grocery fetcher, homework proctor, cheerleader, coach, referee, doctor…it’s endless!
- The greatest joy and privilege any woman can experience. Regardless of how she comes to be a mother.
- The scariest “hood” you ever could imagine!
Structure and routine are helpful for any child to feel safe and secure, but a child with Asperger’s absolutely needs it! Children with Asperger’s (Aspie’s) are really special kids. They are incredibly smart, extremely passionate, and can be positively anal about organization and routine. It’s not because they think it is nice, or attractive looking, […]
August is now known as the National Breastfeeding month, and this has got me thinking, rehashing my children as babies, and thinking about breastfeeding….the good, the bad, and the ugly. What no one ever told me, was that breastfeeding isn’t easy, and it doesn’t come natural for many women and babies. Some babies have tongue […]
It dawned on me today, how often I pray for grace for myself throughout the day. And how little I pray for my kids. It’s not that I don’t pray for them…I do. I pray that God will watch over them, protect them, draw them to Him. But I don’t pray for them specifically in […]
Being gluten free, pizza may seem like a strange favorite in my house. But with so many great gluten free crust options, my kids really love it. We order most of our bread and pizza crust from Katz Gluten Free Bakery. I then take the crust, which is pretty inexpensive, and make gluten free pepperoni […]
Hi! I’m Jenna. Thanks for visiting my site Grace and Motherhood. I created this site to give hope and encouragement to mamas navigating this crazy journey known as “motherhood”. Who am I? Just a mom who has 5 kids, 2 with disabilities (CVID like me, and aspergers), I’m a former homeschooler, a crochet addict, I enjoy a grain-free diet, and was saved by God’s grace at the ripe old age of 17. God’s grace has sustained me through many trials, and challenges in life. I hope to offer some insight and encouragement to others going through similar battles.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links. The products promoted are ones I have either tried or believe in myself. You will not be charged more money for anything you may purchase from the links on this site – though you may get discounts as I receive them from the vendors.